Friday, 22 July 2011

Felt it was neccessary to 'cleanse the system' after being incredibly lazy for the past few weeks - both with exercise and eating. So, when I found a detox diet on the internet I was eager to start straight away. One large grocery shop later, I was ready to sort out my insides (can't review it quite yet because its a 7-day diet & I'm only 3 days into it). I've really enjoyed preparing every meal and paying close attention to how I cook things and what I'm actually putting in my mouth. Fingers crossed it pays off - day 1 consisted of yoghurt, tea and water only, so I'd better see some reward for my misery!

Baked potato with a mascarpone, crème fraîche (both low fat... conscience still clean), mint and garlic topping on a spinach salad

Raspberries and blueberries in natural yoghurt


Steamed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, peas and beans) and a spinach salad

 My favourite herbal tea - Twinings raspberry & echinacea


No reason as to why I've included this particular song in this post - I just love John Mayer!
Why Georgia by johnmayer

14 comments:

  1. Seems like the diet isn't too awful anymore like day 1. The potato dish actually looks quite good :-)

    http://thesignaturebow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures in this post look really professional. Nicely done!
    http://www.onechicdame.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey m, thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment! all this food looks absolutely lovely! i may have to follow suit! also, twinings rasp & echinacea is my favo as well. yummers!

    would you be able to send me the link to the detox diet? looks lush.

    january, x
    jessicajanuary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot to leave my emailio!

    hello@jessicajanuary.com

    cheers!
    january, x
    jessicajanuary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, those raspberries look delicious. I need to seriously detox after my birthday, and photos of these delcious foods make it seem not as bad :-).

    Sarah
    x
    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such yummy looking food, I've been on a John Mayer listening spree lately!

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Oh, you ve got such a beautifull blog.))
    Love your post.)

    Can you help me?
    I am doing a poll and I need answer only one question.

    "What are your favorite clothing firms?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, this looks really good. I need to clean out my system - I've been on a steady diet of candy and chinese food for months. I love john mayer!

    x. jill
    www.thoseghosts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those berries look so delightful! This post makes me hungry. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek! I usually can't stand diets, but all this food looks wonderful! The fruit looks so fresh. Good luck with the rest of the diet!

    lefthandedstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget